The Green Technology Financing Scheme exists to help incorporating green technology elements in specific project related to the identified sectors.
These projects must be located within Malaysia, utilising local and/or imported technology. Private companies that could benefit from this financing scheme are PRODUCER or USER of green technology products or systems.
GTFS financing is in the form of soft loan : 2% p.a interest/profit rate subsidy for the first seven years and 60% government guarantee of green component cost.
GTFS for PRODUCERs: Maximum: RM100 million per company : up to 15 years
USER category shall be as follows: Maximum: RM10 million per company/10 years
Eligibility criteria : Legally registered Malaysian -owned companies (at least 51%) in all economic sectors Legally registered Malaysian -owned companies (at least 70%) in all economic sectors
Participating financial institutions (PFIs): All commercial and Islamic banks, Bank Pembangunan, SME bank, Agrobank, Bank Rakyat, EXIM bank and Bank Simpanan Nasional
The scheme is only applicable for new project and retrofitting or expansion that incorporates Green Technology elements which have not been funded and partly funded. The GTFS is not for projects that already started or completed.
A. Energy Supply Sector:
Scope: Application of Green Technology in power generation and in the energy supply side management, including co-generation by the industrial and commercial sectors
1. Efficient Fossil Fuel Power Plant: efficiency aspects
2. Renewable energy activities (off grid and on grid) On Grid Feed-in Tariff (FiT) must have been approved by Sustainable Energy Development Authority (SEDA), or approval under the Large Scale Solar scheme by Energy Commission (EC) and approval by SEDA for Net Energy Matering (NEM), or any other relevant scheme/ initiatives
Activities: Solar, wind, hydro, biogas, solar farm, carbon capture, hydrogen economy, tidal wave, geothermal and ocean thermal conversion.
3. Distributed power generation: heat and powerplant
4. Improvement of power quality activities: Power factor , Harmonic filter
B. Energy Utilisation Sector:
Scope: Application of Green Technology in all energy utilisation sectors and in demand side management programmes.
1. Application of Green Technology in industrial and commercial:
• Increase efficiency through;
• Rational use of energy
• Process improvement
• Replacement of equipment
• Energy recovery system
• Waste, reject reduction
• Use of green materials; or
• Improve working environment
2. New process to produce green products/ component
Project Eligibility Criteria for Waste Management Sector
Adoption of Green Technology in the management of waste water treatment, solid waste and sanitary landfill
Type of Waste:
Garden waste, industrial waste (i.e. spent bleaching earth, waste edible oil, Palm Oil Mill Effluent; POME), municipal waste (Municipal Solid Waste; MSW), agricultural waste, organic waste and sewage water separation.
1. Waste recycling: cooking oil, batteries, electronics
2. Waste to fertilizer: composting, microbics
3. Waste reduction: plastics, Styrofoam, hazardous waste
4. Waste water treatment: better BOD and COD.
5. Waste recycling : solar panels.
5. Tapping into new sources of water like AWG.
Project Eligibility Criteria for Building Sector
Criteria Sample projects
Adoption of Green Technology in the construction, management, maintenance and demolition of buildings, including 3D printing modular building processes.
Building: Office, Shopping complex, Hospital & clinic, Hotel and resort, University/ college and research institution, factoring building, exhibition hall and School, telecommunication tower, transmission tower and other type of building or structure as may be advised from time to time.
A. Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy
1. Minimum EE Performance – Compliance to minimum requirement of MS1525:2007 (Code of Practice on Energy Efficiency and Use of Renewable Energy for Non-residential Buildings): higher efficiencies
B. Indoor Environmental Quality: carbon dioxide monitoring
1. Minimum Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) Performance- Minimum IAQ performance to enhance indoor air quality in building, thus contributing to the comfort and well-being of the occupants: good ventilation, low carbon dioxide, low VOC.
2. Low indoor air pollutants, mould prevention
3. New energy efficient air conditioning and ventilation (safe from covid infection)
C. Materials & Resources
1. Reuse materials, recycle content materials and construction waste management.
2. Use of environmentally-friendly Refrigerants and Clean Agents.
3. Use of solar roof tile with water harvesting module.
1. Rainwater Harvesting to reduce potable water consumption.
2. Water harvesting from air.
3. Water Recycling to reduce potable water consumption.
4. Water Efficient - Irrigation/ Landscaping - Encourage the design of system that does not require the use of potable water supply from the local water.
5. Water Efficient Fittings - Encourage reduction in potable water consumption through use of efficient devices.
6. Metering & Leak Detection System - Encourage the design of systems that monitors and manages water consumption.
Project Eligibility Criteria for Transport Sector
Incorporation of Green Technology in the transportation infrastructure and vehicles, in particular, bio-fuels and public road transport.
Type: Infrastructure and Vehicle
A. Infrastructure: biofuel, hydrogen and electric charging stations
B. Green Fuel
Green fuel production
Alternative Fuel, Energy Efficient Vehicle, including Electric Vehicle, hydrogen vehicle, fuel cell and Hybrid (i.e. taxi, bus, prime movers, lorry, motorcycle, bicycle, etc)
Project Eligibility Criteria For Manufacturing Sector
Scope: Green Manufacturing
Type: Transformation towards green manufacturing entails the executions of the following initiatives/type:
1. Utilisation of green energy;
2. Developing and production of green products; and
3. Deployment of green processes in manufacturing activity
Activities : Green Products, Green Energy, Green Processes.
4. Utilisation of robotics, IoT and artificial intelligence in manufacturing process.
Patentagentip would like to help you in applying for Malaysia Green Technology Financing Scheme. If you are not sure as to whether you are qualified to apply, please give us a thinker via email@example.com